Tuesday, March 17, 2009

PURGE!

WOW! I got TONS done yesterday! I didn't take a break once during the day! The exterminator showed up an hour earlier than the scheduled appointment (yikes!) but fortunately, I was 90% done going through our Master Bathroom tossing stuff right and left. He started on the outside first, treating for fire ants (every Texan's nightmare!) while I finished up inside. I like the guy who does our service because he's a Christian and a Godly conversation can be a real "pick me up!" After he left, I finished our bathroom and went through my closet.

Underneath my sink.


I'm not usually anal but there are some things that have to be "just right" and my drawers are one of them!




When we had new carpet laid 2+ years ago, I overhauled my closet and came up with a system that has worked really well for me. Yesterday I switched out my winter clothes for my summer things. Except for Christmas, when I needed to store gifts out of sight, my system has worked and my closet has remained neat and tidy! All of my winter stuff is now packed up in their containers and stored on the shelf. All that remains to do in my closet is going through my purses and wallets.

All of my shoes are in clear boxes with a label on them. I moved the shoes that I would typically wear more in the Winter (brown, suede clogs, for example) to the far right and moved my sandals more to the forefront.



I organized the kids bathroom and cleaned in there really well. I had been holding off ever since Laura got married and moved out. I wanted to store the guest towels in there and I moved the humidifier and foot spa from our bathroom in there as well. I also used the vacuum attachment and cleaned out the register vents on the floor.

I quit around 3 PM and started focusing on dinner. I grilled some chicken breasts I had marinated and Dave had some Hot Links that I threw on as well. His softball game last night was canceled because the fields were still too bad from last weeks rain.

Today I am tackling the kitchen cabinets and pantry. If I was amazed at how much I got rid of yesterday from the bathrooms, I'll be down right shocked today! I suppose in all fairness, I should take some "before" pictures of how awful my pantry looks! The joys of Spring cleaning!

9 comments:

Shelley said...

You are an excellent organizer! I love how you stored your shoes - great idea! And I love having those compartment things in my bathroom drawers too! You have to be exhausted from all that cleaning and organizing!!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Oh I am green with envy. I feel like I have been de-cluttering my home for about seven years and still need to do more.

You did so great and everything looks really nice.

Happy St. Patrick's Day
from the Raggedy Girl/Roberta Anne

Pat said...

You make me so ashamed.

Jessica Leija said...

I've been hit by the spring cleaning bug too...just want to declutter and organize our house so badly. We have plenty of room, but because there aren't any real storage solutions I already feel like we have outgrown this house!

donna said...

Awesome Sista !!!

Terry said...

Dear Connie, Although I show Bernie several of the good posts from the Sisters of the Traveling Scarf, and their individual blogs, this one I am ashamed to say, I will not show him.
You are so organized and have a place for everything and it is all so neat.
Oh I am just the opposite....no discipline at all when it comes to organization.
You are like Mom Golden. She just loves those plastic boxes and she arranges everything too. Ninety degree angles!
Before Bernie and I were married, Bernie lived with Mom and Dad Golden and the family in Welland, while Betty and I lived in St Catharine's.
Well Bernie quite often told me that one thing he most admired about Mom Golden was her straight cupboards.
I really do think that he was hinting to Betty and I to clean up our act!
Well, he married me for better or worse, eh?
I still haven't cleaned up my act so maybe I had better!
Sorry he can't see this post Connie!
It is such a good one!.....Love Terry

Deb said...

Okay ---you want to come to PA to organize my stuff??!!

We have the same hairbrush AND teal colored hair pick! What's up with that?....destined to be scarf sisters, I tell ya!

You would faint in my house --the clutter and state of unorganized chaos is overwhelming!

Mrs. Mac said...

You have gone beyond anal (big smile) ... love the clear view boxes for storage. You and my Mr. would do great with a business related to organization.

Terry said...

Dear Connie....just waiting to hear good news about Jessica...Love Terry