Monday, March 16, 2009

MONDAY, MONDAY CAN'T STOP THAT DAY!

It's Monday morning, the start of another week, half way through March already! Yesterday at church, our Pastor continued his series "NORMAL", studying the book of ACTS. (Click if you're interested in listening to our Pastor's current series). He contends that the way we conduct ourselves today is not normal but the radical way the early church lived, THAT was normal! It's been a thought provoking study for me since I have debated studying the book of ACTS for some time now. Last week at church, they asked anyone who had lost their job to come forward. In all 3 campuses, 11 services, 90 families were represented, the CARE team prayed over them and the church handed out money to help them out. They are also offering workshops to help people in their quest to look for work, Dave Ramsey's workshops on getting of of debt and so on. That's one of the things I love about my church, they're real and relevant!

On Saturday, I helped a little bit with a Bridal Shower and afterwards my friend Kim and I ran to LIFEWAY Christian Bookstore where we finalized our plans to study "ESTHER" by Beth Moore. We opted for the audio CD's since the Leader's Kit with the DVD's was too expensive for just the 2 of us. We get the same lesson as the DVD but at a fourth of the price. We will start that this week and I am REALLY excited!

Today I have the exterminator out for my quarterly maintainence to keep the critters and creepies out of the house. We have to do this because as they say,
"Everything IS bigger in Texas!"
Unfortunately that applies to bugs as well! All I have to do is empty the cabinets under the sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms. That won't take long and then later this afternoon, I can do some rearranging and organizing of stuff! I am going to pack up my sweaters and winter clothes today and pull out my summer clothes. It seems like I didn't get as much of an opportunity to wear some of my sweaters this year so I will probably sort through them and make a donation.

My other project for this week is to clean through the kitchen cabinets and pantry. Is it just me or do those plastic cups breed and multiply inside dark cabinets? I have so many of those things that it's not even funny! I'm going to toss and donate stuff that we're not using. I loathe clutter and I figure I can't gripe about Dave's junk if the rest of the stuff isn't organized!

Charles is on Spring Break and spent last night at a friend's house. Tomorrow or Wednesday, he'll start painting the shed and doing some yard work (pruning my rose bushes and raking up pine needles). We had a lot of rain last week so things are beginning to dry out a bit, just in time for him to start his chores! I love how that worked out!

6 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

It sounds like you have a really busy day ahead. I put on a Spring dress for church yesterday and froze so I guess I will wait awhile.

Happy Monday ❤❤❤
from Roberta Anne

Trish said...

Our Church is starting the Dave Ramsey studies in May. Tomer just read his book and there is a bizillion CD's to listen to...I don't know how I'll get through the book since that stuff bores me sooo!!!
Have a great day...you are like me,
happiest when everything is neat and tidy and NO clutter can be found!!!

Deb said...

Clutter? ....oh oh...don't come and visit me!!! You'll be swallowed up by my clutter!

mrsjojo said...

Hi Connie, It is good to hear that your church is so involved in the community. I feel that the government has tried and failed in their attempt to care for the needy. God put the church in place to help care for the needy and anything that is God's idea Satan will try to destroy. Keep up the good work.
Enjoy your Esther study. I wish I was doing the study but that will have to wait until later.
Your scrap booking pages look great. I enjoy doing that also but haven't had the space to do it lately.
BTW, my mother in law is doing as well as can be under the circumstances. She needs to be on the oxygen more often now and is on a lot of pills. She gets up and around with the help of her walker which is so good for her.

donna said...

I am trying to get more spring cleaning done this week....I don't do well in clutter either...temps are supposed to warm here for a few days but then dip back down the end of the week...unpredictable March...

blessings to you

donna

Shelley said...

How wonderful of your church to help those families! And I've heard great things about Dave Ramsey!