Friday, March 27, 2009

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO

I have a confession to make. I have had an ongoing love affair for many years. It's been hard to give this obsession up. I mean, if you had someone who fulfilled all of your dreams, plans and wishes, never gave you any grief and always made you look good, why would you ever change? For many, many years this Rival has been the object of my Culinary affections!

Oh the memories we have shared together! Baked Beans, Soups, Stews, Briskets, Roasts and even Hot Cider. We have worked side by side, hand in hand providing edible love for my family. That is until it betrayed me! Oh yes, the warning signs were there but I chose to ignore them, the dead give away: no warmth when my hand gently caressed it, it was cold to me! Gasp!

I flipped back my hair, squared my shoulders and began my journey at Sprawl Mart. I'd show the Rival just who his rival really was! I was on the prowl for a new love! I found Mr Beach and his heat is so intense, it burns me like a raging fire! Unlike Mr Rival who was messy, sloppy and difficult to take anywhere, Mr Beach is courteous and neat. His lid even clamps down meaning I won't be ashamed to take him to my friend's houses and I don't even have to clean up my car after taking him for a ride!



Oh yes, this woman's heart is fickle and set on revenge for being dumped!

Maybe I should take up writing romance novels!

16 comments:

Shelley said...

Beautiful crockpot!! What are you going to cook first in it? We must be on the same wave length. I was thumbing thru slow cooker recipes this morning trying to think of what to make.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Isn't he just too handsome. I see how he stole your heart. May you enjoy many dishes of "Crock"

Have A Fabulous Friday
from Roberta Ann--the Raggedy Girl

Trish said...

What would we do without them???
I threw in some country ribs and barbecue sauce the other day and ooh, they were so tender.
I think that you are right...romance
novels would be a great new career for you and your knees!!!!

Terry said...

Oh Connie..That Rival still looks as good as new!
What a housekeeper you are!
The new crock pot is surely quite handsome but the Rival is far more prettier.
I have about four slow cookers and I love them!
People should not complain about food prices.
If they only knew what great pea soups and stews that you can make with these crock pots, they would be eating more at home instead of spending so much money eating out!!!
Love Terry

Ganeida said...

*That's* a crockpot?! Oh man! These transcontinal confusions will be the death of me.

Diane said...

Connie, my dear friend, I am so sad at your loss, but oh the joy of new found love!!!! He!He!

It's gorgeous! That'll show Mr. Rival for sure!!!

Enjoy!

Diane

Jada's Gigi said...

ROFLOL!! Yes, you definitly should take up romance novel writing!

Pat said...

Mr. Rival crockpot has failed you...has let you down. He had to go. It's time to put him on an iceberg and send him out to sea. After all, that is where all things cold wind up.
Welcome Mr. Beach....I have your brother in my cupboard! He is very sleek and sporty and enjoys a day away from home. May you lid always be tight!

Pat said...

That should have read:
end up
not wind up
I got carried away with all the drama!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid that me and Mr. Rival have a thing goin' on...............and that is that!!

Ganeida said...

Hm, here a crockpot is an electrical appliance but these look like they sit on a stove top? Maybe not? Just the same, I've never seen one look like these.

Caroline said...

I recently sent my own Mr. Rival out to sea. He lost a leg years ago and I grew tired of balancing him on a spool of thread. He'd been a part of our lives since our wedding.

Sweetie said...

The new crockpot is beautiful. I have had my crockpot for years. It has a carrier that makes it easy to carry. I bet you can't wait to use your new crockpot.
Sweetie

mrsjojo said...

Welcome, Mr Beach!! Connie, just nurture and love him to pieces b/c he is going to serve you well.

As for Mr. Rival, I know you gave your all for Connie and family, may you rest in peace.

Actually, let me know how Mr. Beach treats you. I'm in need of a new crockpot. I was so in love with my OLD one. I was so embarrassed to take anywhere but did so anyways. :)

ABSOLUTELY loved your mini romance story. :)
Joanne

kimba said...

They actually look like what we in OZ call a pressure cooker rather than a crockpot.

Deb said...

This is too funny!