Just when I think I am an "expert" at this Mom thing, I get thrown a curve ball. Last night at 9:00PM I am winding down for bed when the phone rings. The conversation between Charles and his best friend Brandon went like this:
Brandon: "Dude, have you ordered your cap and gown?"
Charles: "Huh?"
Brandon: "Man, your cap and gown for graduation!"
Charles: "What?"
Brandon: "The money and order form are due tomorrow!"
Charles: "What form?"
I think you get the idea... My girls were all excited over graduation and the pagentry, announcements, tassels and such. Charles is like a big "whatever". He just wants to start college, become a Meteorologist and live his life. He's never been one of those social butterfly types, school was just a means to an end. Don't get me wrong, there's probably not a more befriended kid at his high school it's just that he has goals and he thinks all of the drama that goes with high school is stupid! So last night I was irritated that I was just finding out about it the night before it was due, scrambling to print off the form, use the worthless "on-line" catalog from Josten's and attempt to suddenly figure out the quantity of announcements to order! (This reminds me of Kindergarten and not Senior year of high school!)
I told him to get me an ink pen so we could fill out the form. That big snot got me an ink pen and handed it to me. When I clicked it to open it up, I discovered it was one of those "shock pens" that Dave had gotten last year from a Contractor when we were up at the AAR Convention in Niagara Falls! He was laughing and I WAS NOT! He said,
"I am just trying to lighten your mood!"
Well, it did. I found myself laughing with him and then AT him as he was searched throughout the den for the "shock pen" that I had irritatedly thrown across the house!
HA!
GEEZ... Men REALLY are from Mars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
This made me laugh!! Is this what I have to look forward to when my stepson becomes a teenager??? I would throw away that shock pen....
Oh geezzzz, it must be really disconserting when you realize you've raised one of those Martians!!!! Momma always said the only difference between men and boys was the price of their toys! Guess she was right. Oh, he'll be lookin for that 'shock pen' for a while!!!! Good for you!
What an exasperating and sweet post all at the same time. It sounds like your young man has his priorities in good shape. I have never heard of a shock pen and I am glad for that!
Have a Thankful Thursday
from Roberta Anne
He keeps you young!
It's great that he has that wonderful sense of humor, and that Momma has one that's even greater. Sounds like lots of love and laughs at your place!
Hi Connie,
Just think... you have to treasure the craziness of these moments because pretty soon that boy will be on his way!
I know that the graduations in America are just something else.
When my brother moved to Iowa with his family, his girl was in her last year of high school.
I just couldn't believe all of the celebrating that was going on when she graduated..
All the special clothes and shoes she had to get and all of the parties she had to go to!
It was one big celebration!
The American graduations seem to be much more important than the Canadian ones!
Take care and enjoy that mischievous boy while you can...Love Terry
Praying that Jessica is doing better..
A meteorologist? Awesome! I took ONE class in college (an elective) in meteorology and found it fascinating --there's SO MUCH more to reporting the weather besides telling everyone that there's a 70% chance of rain!
And yes, men are from Mars. ...Wonder how the weather is there?
that's funny! i'm with him! Skip the whole ceremonial garbage! But I'll make Phyllis do it... lol
Post a Comment