Yesterday, I tackled the pantry. That took me a lot longer to do than I ever thought it would! After I was done I still had to go to the grocery store and do the shopping for the week. I threw some burgers and bratwurst on the grill, made Texas Taters and Baked Beans for dinner and finally sat down for a couple of minutes. On Wednesday evenings we have "LOST" night where the Newlyweds Laura & Les (who can't afford cable or internet) come over for dinner and TV night. She was in charge of dessert where she made these awesome Brownie Bites that were filled with peanut butter! They're in the new KRAFT Food & Family magazine that just came in the mail last week.
This is SO scary! It's a wonder I could find my way through this black hole of a pantry! Since I love to cook and I have a TON of spices, I came across this rack system many years ago and it has worked perfectly over the years!
After taking these pictures I went to the store and had to replace some of the items that had been tossed since they were now expired!
Today is probably going to be an emotional day for me. I have *19 years worth of pictures of Charlie to go through. I will scan them, burn them to a CD and hand them off to a friend of ours who will set it to music we have selected. This is for his graduation and we give out copies to close friends and family members.
I heard this song by Mark Harris (from 4 Him) a couple of years ago and KNEW it would be perfect for his DVD! I'm still researching others, one that came to mind was the song that Mrs Jumbo sings to Dumbo in the movie titled,
"Baby of Mine". Allison Krauss does a nice version of it.




3 comments:
Oh, my heart, it is so hard when our babies grow up.
You are really on a roll and make me feel guilty but your pantry looks really organized.
Have a Thankful Thursday
from the Raggedy Roberta Anne
Great song - so appropriate!!
And your pantry...puts mine to shame!
Oh Connie!
Everything looks so neat and tidy!
That is quite the quote you have here about lazy people.
My aunt used to tell me not to worry so much about the work. "Just lay down and rest and not to worry...the work will be there when you wake. It will never run away!"
Hmmm....I think that I have taken her advise way too well!....Love Terry
PS She also used to say about lazy people..."Some people are too heavy for light work and too light for heavy work so they don't do no work at all"!
Post a Comment