That hardly seems possible does it? The trees are all in bloom down here and yesterday, Dave even ran the lawnmower! The days seem to be speeding up faster and faster only to leave me wondering where they went?
Today is the first real day of my knee recovery time. There hasn't been much pain which has been a pleasant surprise. Saturday night we went to a good friend's 50th birthday party but after a while, sitting was a bit uncomfortable. I wasn't able to stretch out or prop up my leg.
Yesterday we went to church and I was able to stretch my leg out on top of the chair. Unfortunately, I had my eyes closed during one of the worship songs and a lady ran into my leg climbing through the seat area. That sent a little shock wave up through my senses!
Yesterday afternoon, some really good friends of ours brought dinner and dessert and we spent a couple of hours visiting with them. Dave was the best man at their wedding back in the days when Dave, Jerry and Diane all worked for St Louis County Police! Jerry left County and went with the railroad. He convinced Dave to apply, he was hired in 1982 and now, 27 years later, we're all here in Ft Worth! Small world!
I have only been taking the pain killers at night right before I have been going to bed. I am done with them though since I don't really need them anyway! There have been a few side effects like constipation, acid reflux and wooziness so I have packed them away already this morning.
This morning I need to make my appointment for having the Ortho take out my stitches and I have a few other things that I need to tend to. I will most likely relax today, read my new book and scrapbook some. The possibilities are endless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
When you said someone bumped your leg at church, it sent a chill up my spine!
You sound like your doing really well, and isn't it wonderful to have good friends bring you meals?
Enjoy a little time of relxation today, tomorrow comes quickly!!
Glad to know you are recovering well & almost pain free! A lack of pain is an incredible blessing. God Bless you, my friend.
I hope you are taking it easy!! Rest up - don't let anyone bump into your leg!!
I am so thankful that you are having a relatively pain free recovery. The Lord is so good to us, all the time! I continue to pray for your recovery as you begin to get back onto your knee. Isn't it wonderful being a woman? We always have soemething we can get into to occupy ourselves, even when we're stranded in a chair, on a sofa or even in the bed! Take care of yourself!
Diane
Praying for your speedy recovery.
Praying for a quick recovery!!!
I can't believe it's March already too! sheesh! where does the time go?
Dear Connie...Glad to hear that your leg is getting better.
Just think, you will be able to enjoy the warm weather when it finally comes....Love Terry
Post a Comment